Good times are on... our Parks are open
Our four Devon Holiday Parks all re-opened in July and we've welcomed over 17,500 happy families over the past few months. We’ve all kept our fingers crossed and this news came just in time for families wanting to make the most of Summer next to England’s best beach. It's been quite a year, holidays have been booking up even faster than usual and we're still providing thousands more families with their much needed holiday before our season ends as planned on 2nd November 2020.
As a responsible family-run holiday provider the safety of our guests, team members and local community is naturally something we've always and always will take very seriously. As well as having maintained our Parks in a state of constant readiness throughout lockdown to welcome our guests again for their wonderful holidays, we have put into place comprehensive processes to ensure we operate with the appropriate and necessary social distancing measures in place and you can read in detail how you're able to holiday with confidence.
Local Covid-19 Alert Levels
All our four Parks are located in Woolacombe which in the England local Alert Levels is set at Medium level by HM Government, you can find out more information on the Medium Covid-19 Alert Level.
We are currently able to welcome guests resident in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, as well as other countries according to the HM Government entry criteria with the exception of Wales.
Guests from Wales
The Welsh Government has announced that all areas of Wales will go into national "circuit breaker" lockdown from 23rd October 2020, due to the restrictions on travel and the "stay at home" order unfortunately we will not be able to welcome any of our Welsh guests for the remainder of the 2020 season. We apologise for any inconvenience and understandable disappointment caused but must adhere to the legislation put in place by the Welsh Government.
'Rule of 6' new Government suppression measures
Limits on the number of people you can see socially changed on 14th September 2020, for more information on the new law please click here.
To see exactly what has changed please click here to visit the Government website.
All indoor & outdoor spaces in England
We would ask all guests to respect social distancing guidelines that we have adopted across our Parks and you are legally required to wear face coverings where applicable. The safety and security of our guests and team remains our highest priority and we would ask for your continued support to keep everyone as safe as possible.
In accordance with the new rules and to adhere with HM Government's Test & Trace all table numbers in our bars, restaurants and entertainment venues can only be occupied by a maximum of 6 people. We can continue to accomodate groups larger than 6 who live together or are in the same support bubble to gather in and use the venues but you cannot push tables together or add additional chairs to an existing table of 6 - we appreciate that this may cause some issues with larger families or household bubbles but we are legally obliged to adhere to HM Government guidelines.
Please note that while you may not be staying in Holiday Home accommodation or on a Camping & Touring pitch with another family but are on a break together, in England you are not permitted to join together in groups larger than 6 in indoor or outdoor locations unless you live in the same house.
We are able to accept bookings of up to and including 6 people from multiple households.
In our self-catering Holiday Home accommodation for the remainder of the 2020 season we are now only able to accept booking of up to 6 people or only add additional guests to an existing booking up to the total of 6 party members, regardless of the accommodation capacity.
In your own tent, tourer or motorhome on our Camping & Touring pitches you are already limited to a maximum of 6 people per pitch so are not affected by this change.
For guests arriving from Monday 14 September 2020 and until further notice, as part of changes to law and guidance from HM Government, there are new restrictions in place with regard to bookings of over 6 party members of any age. If you have an existing booking which on 10th September 2020 has 7 or more party members arriving from 14th September to 1st November 2020 which does not comply with the new Government legislation and does not qualify for one of the below exemptions, then you have already been sent by email an online form to complete the option to reduce your party members to 6 or fewer quests, rebook your holiday within the next 12 months using a future holiday credit for a later date in 2021 or 2022 with no admin fees (electronic credit notes applied to your customer account within 14 days), or cancel your holiday and request a full refund (refunds processed within 35 days) if everyone in your party:
- Is not members of the same household (for example, a family with over six people living in the same house)
- Is not part of a household support bubble (for example, a single person with a family)
Further national measures in England
HM Government has announced further changes in effect from 24th September, to see what has changed please click here.
Changes which may affect how you holiday this Autumn:
- You must wear face coverings in hospitality venues, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
- Our team members are now required to wear face coverings.
- All entertainment, amusement arcades, ten pin bowling, cinemas and all-day café bars will close by 10pm, last orders for food to eat-in, for takeaway or delivery to your Holiday Home is 9pm and the last orders for drinks is 9.30pm; all guests must have left the venues by 10pm at the latest to comply with the new licencing laws.
- All food & drink must be ordered on the 'Woolacombe To Me' app or from your table with a team member, you can no longer order at the bar, and all food & drink must be consumed seated at your table. You are only allowed to leave your table when you leave or to go to the toilet, in both cases face coverings must be worn.
- It is now law to provide your contact details each time you visit a venue either on the Park you are staying at or at one of our other Parks, the official NHS Covid-19 QR code posters are displayed and if you do not have the app we will need to write down your details. Please note, this is a legal requirement and we cannot allow you into any venue (including receptions, convenience stores, arcades and public toilets) if you do not provide your contact details. You can find out more and download the app at covid19.nhs.uk
Making a new booking
When it came to restarting the season, at the forefront of our mind are our guests who have already made a holiday booking making sure that they can enjoy a safe, comfortable holiday with social distancing measures in place and therefore as part of our policy we have restrictions on the total number of holiday bookings that can be accommodated.
Every caravan, lodge, apartment, villa, glamping pod and farmhouse is entirely self contained and has its own individual entrance although to ensure require social distancing capacity restrictions are in place - this means our Parks might not be fully booked but we're unable to take any additional bookings once the limit is reached.
Our pitches are larger than average in the area but we still need to ensure that required social distancing measures are enforced including in communal facilities such as washrooms and showers as our utmost priority is safety. We are accepting new bookings for a pitch to bring your own tent, tourer or motorhome now.
All new and existing holidays booked directly with us have the reassurance of our book with confidence commitments and you can make a new booking up to (whichever comes soonest):
- Capacity restrictions for that date at that Park are reached even though the Park itself is not full, or
- 5pm the day before arrival and we're sorry we really cannot take bookings to arrive the same day
Local lockdown information
If you are affected by a local lockdown with travel restrictions for non-essential travel then please do not travel.
Please help to keep everyone safe and do not travel if your home is in a local lockdown with travel restrictions imposed, we will be in touch with you if your booking is affected according to the official HM Government or local authority postcode list. If you booked through a newspaper promotion then you'll receive a refund for your booking. If you booked directly with Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks then your booking is automatically covered by our coronavirus book with confidence guarantee and that gives you two options:
- Rebook your holiday within the next 12 months to a later date in 2021 or 2022 with no admin fees
- A full refund (refunds may take up to 28 days to process)